ASL 5000 Calibration and Service
Regular calibration of your ASL 5000™ Breathing Simulator ensures that you can be confident in your results to a very precise level. This is especially important if the ASL 5000 is being used in a medical device development and testing environment that follows ISO or FDA regimens.
Our calibration lab is accredited by A2LA to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (Certificate Nr. 4172.01). IngMar Medical is certified to ISO 9001:2015 (Registration Nr. 74 300 3727).
We recommend calibration every year for ASL 5000s used for testing and every two years for units used in training. Please complete the form below and we will send you a recommendation.
A standard calibration of the ASL 5000 in our Pittsburgh facility typically takes three to five business days to complete. If your device needs repair, we will give you an estimate for cost and repair time as soon as we evaluate your device.
European customers can have their ASL 5000 calibrated and serviced by Coretec-Service GmbH in Linden, Germany. Coretec is accredited to EN ISO 13485:2012 + AC: 2012. You can contact Coretec directly by clicking here.
The ISO 17025 Calibration is our most popular option for clinical research, training, and routine ventilator quality assurance. For customers who are performing device testing according to very strict protocols, we recommend the Advanced Verification.
ISO 17025 Calibration
- Cylinder Leak Test (valid result is less than 40 mL/min leakage)
- Barometric pressure test (valid result +/- 0.5 kPa)
- Cylinder Pressure (cmH2O) high pressure (valid result +/- 0.5 cmH20)
- Cylinder Pressure (cmH2O) low pressure (valid result +/- 0.2 cmH20)
- Temperature sensor (˚C) (valid result +/- 0.5 ˚C)
- Volume calibration (mL) (valid result +/- 20 mL)
- Full quality inspection with greasing and lubrication of moving parts
Advanced Verification (includes ISO 17025 Calibration)
- Pressure sensor verification – temperature drift uncertainty – measure analog output of pressure sensor in 15 minute intervals (for 1 hour) (valid result – pressure change of less than 0.15 cmH2O or +/- 5mV)
- Pressure sensor verification – zero calibration for pressure and volume (valid result – volume deviations of less than +/- 10 mL and pressure deviations of less than +/-0.1 cmH2O)
- 1L syringe volume verification – adult (valid result – less than 20 mL error at nominal volume)
- 10 mL syringe volume verification – neonatal (valid result – less than 1 mL error at nominal volume)
- Compliance verification for C50, C10, C1 (valid result – compliance within 5% or +/- 0.2mL/cmH2O, whichever is greater)
- Dynamic volume verification – spontaneous breathing error (valid result – peak volume levels within +/- 30mL of target volume of 1.7L)
- Dynamic volume verification – pump mode validation error (valid result – deviation of +/- 10mL from target volume of 500mL)
- Peak Flow validation – piston vs. model (valid result – model and piston are within +/- 2% at peak flows of 200L/min)
- Resistance verification for parabolic and linear resistance at 5, 20, 100, 500 cmH20/L/s (valid result – +/- 10% of expected pressure drops at flows per ASTM F-1100)
Please give us some basic information on the form below and we will respond within one business day. You may also contact Customer Care at 412.441.8228, ext. 127 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions about packing and shipping click here.