ASL 5000 Calibration Options
Our most popular option for clinical research, training, and routine ventilator quality assurance
- Cylinder Leak Test (valid result is less than 40 mL/min leakage)
- Barometric pressure test (valid result +/- 0.5 kPa)
- Cylinder Pressure (cmH2O) high pressure (valid result +/- 0.5 cmH20)
- Cylinder Pressure (cmH2O) low pressure (valid result +/- 0.2 cmH20)
- Temperature sensor (˚C) (valid result +/- 0.5 ˚C)
- Volume calibration (mL) (valid result +/- 20 mL)
- Full quality inspection with greasing and lubrication of moving parts
For customers who are performing device testing according to very strict protocols
- Pressure sensor verification – temperature drift uncertainty – measure analog output of pressure sensor in 15 minute intervals (for 1 hour) (valid result – pressure change of less than 0.15 cmH2O or +/- 5mV)
- Pressure sensor verification – zero calibration for pressure and volume (valid result – volume deviations of less than +/- 10 mL and pressure deviations of less than +/-0.1 cmH2O)
- 1L syringe volume verification – adult (valid result – less than 20 mL error at nominal volume)
- 10 mL syringe volume verification – neonatal (valid result – less than 1 mL error at nominal volume)
- Compliance verification for C50, C10, C1 (valid result – compliance within 5% or +/- 0.2mL/cmH2O, whichever is greater)
- Dynamic volume verification – spontaneous breathing error (valid result – peak volume levels within +/- 30mL of target volume of 1.7L)
- Dynamic volume verification – pump mode validation error (valid result – deviation of +/- 10mL from target volume of 500mL)
- Peak Flow validation – piston vs. model (valid result – model and piston are within +/- 2% at peak flows of 200L/min)
- Resistance verification for parabolic and linear resistance at 5, 20, 100, 500 cmH20/L/s (valid result – +/- 10% of expected pressure drops at flows per ASTM F-1100)
We recommend calibration every year for Calibrated QuickLungs®. Calibration provides certification of a stated level of accuracy for compliance and resistance. Sample calibration certificate
A calibration certification cannot be provided for the standard QuickLung or QuickLung Jr.
If you are not sure which model you have, look at the serial number listed on the back of your QuickLung (next to the CE mark).
Calibrated models have a “C” in the serial number, for example: QuickLung (1500101-C1234) and calibrated QuickLung Jr. (1500151-C1234).