To help you quickly master the power of the ALS 5000 Breathing Simulator and the RespiSim® System, we offer hands-on training at your facility tailored to your needs.
Training is conducted by one of our Clinical Educators Kimber Catullo, BSRC, RRT; or Jessica Dietz, MSRC, RRT-ACCS. An IngMar Medical technical product specialist will walk you through the initial set up of the equipment several days in advance of the training to ensure that all systems are go.
This program has been approved for 14 contact hours Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care. It may also be submitted for recertification for the Society for Simulation in Healthcare’s Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) and CHSOS (Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist) professional certifications.
The training covers the following topics:
Day One: ASL 5000 Basics
- Getting started: installation and setup, principles and theories of operation, software concepts
- Creating a patient model: scripting, simulation editor, interactive control panel
- Running a simulation: display options; real-time responses; real-time analysis; lung, tracheal, airway, and muscle pressures
- Post-run analysis, work of breathing, trigger analysis, exporting data, reports
- Special topics such as connecting to your manikin, aerosol drug delivery, test automation interface
Day Two: RespiSim®
- RespiSim set-up: hardware, software, modules, and ventilator interface kit (if purchased)
- Instructor-driven simulation approach using the instructor dashboard, the vital signs monitor, and the debriefing environment
- Preparing students for the simulation: Scenario Concept Presentation
- Instructor Guide: a walkthrough of the step-by-step instructions on running/building a simulation to meet learning objectives
- RespiSim Dashboard: hands-on practice with effectively guiding learners through a live, fully interactive simulation including the ventilator and mannikin, if applicable
Please complete the form below and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
SimMan® is a registered trademark of Laerdal Medical.