The video above will provide you with a tutorial on the basics of using RespiSim Software. For more tutorials and resources click here.
Download the RespiSim® Software Installer
RespiSim® Software Installer (version 4.4)
Please read the disclaimers and instructions below before installing. For assistance, please contact Client Success at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 441-8228, Option 1.
- The Patient Monitor and Virtual Ventilator interfaces are accessible through a separate application called the RespiSim® PM/VV Landing Page. RespiSim® Software version 4.4 provides an updated user experience with the Patient Monitor application, so we highly recommend updating that application as well. You will find instructions separately on the installation of that application in the following section.
- Upon launching RespiSim® version 4.4 for the first time, you may be prompted to migrate your database. This is only necessary for users who are upgrading from RespiSim versions prior to version 4.3. Depending on the size of your database, this process may take some time to complete. Please click here and follow our step-by-step instructions to complete the database migration.
- For RespiSim® customers upgrading from version 4.0:Upgrading to RespiSim® Software version 4.4 from version 4.0 will provide access to new media and a new patient monitor application. Media that was provided in version 4.0 of the patient monitor will no longer be available. Media from a scenario built with version 4.0 media may no longer display. We suggest selecting new media to be displayed on the latest version of the Patient Monitor.
- Windows 10 or above is required for installation.
- A purchased license is required to connect your ASL 5000® with the RespiSim® Software. If you do not already have an active license, please contact email@example.com to inquire about our 60-day free trial as well as purchasing a permanent license.
- If you are currently running an instance of the RespiSim® Software, please exit the software and reboot your system before upgrading to the latest version.
- Before running the RespiSim® installer, please download and install any available Windows updates, and restart your computer.
- Administrator access is required to install and to operate. Windows User Account Control must be enabled in the User Account control panel. A setting of “Never Notify” will disable User Account Control access, and is therefore incompatible with RespiSim® software. Please ask an Administrator to re-enable User Account Control if you are not presented with the User Account Control prompt upon installing or launching RespiSim®.
Download the Patient Monitor/Virtual Ventilator Installer
The RespiSim® Patient Monitor/Virtual Ventilator landing page application gives access to the RespiSim® Patient Monitor and Virtual Ventilator windows.
For customers using a Windows-based Learner Display, please download the RespiSim® PM/VV Landing Page Installer and install on your second display. This is particularly important for users upgrading to RespiSim® software version 4.4.
For customers using a ViewSonic/Android-based Learner Display, RespiSim® software version 4.4 will not require an update to your Patient Monitor application. Current functionality will be maintained.
Please Note: Access to Virtual Ventilator Software requires an active RespiSim® eLearning subscription. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. For assistance, please contact Client Success at email@example.com or (412) 441-8228, Option 1.
Additional RespiSim® Downloads
Intended for any RespiSim® Software user. Includes description and download for each RespiSim® Scenario included with purchase.
RespiSim® User Manual
Intended for any new RespiSim® Essential or RespiPro® user. Includes detailed instruction on how to use RespiSim® Software and associated hardware.
Download RespiSim® Software Quick Setup Guide
Intended for any new RespiSim® Essential or RespiPro® user OR any ASL 5000® Breathing Simulator user who has upgraded to the latest RespiSim® Software. Includes steps to download and install the RespiSim® Software, activate your RespiSim® Software license, connect to the ASL 5000® Breathing Simulator, and connect to the Patient Monitor Application on the Learner Display.
RespiSim® Virtual Ventilator Software User Guide
Intended for any RespiSim® eLearning subscriber. Includes detailed instruction on how to use the RespiSim® Virtual Ventilator Software as well as steps to download and install the Landing Page Application, and activate your RespiSim® Virtual Ventilator Software license.
Use this presentation as a reference guide to get up and running with RespiSim® Software and the RespiSim® Virtual Ventilator
RespiSim® Learner Display Hardware Quick Setup Guide
Intended for all existing ASL 5000®/RespiSim® users who have upgraded to RespiSim® Software. Includes steps to set up and assemble the Learner Display hardware to use either free-standing or mounted to a legacy ASL 5000®/ RespiPatient® mobile cart.
RespiPro® Hardware Quick Setup Guide
Intended for users of the RespiPro®. This guide includes steps to remove the RespiPro® from the shipping crate and to assemble and mount the Instructor Display and/or Learner Display
Release Notes (version 4.4)
WHAT’S NEW AND IMPROVED FROM PRIOR VERSION
1 new RespiSim Scenario (Modes of Ventilation – Pressure Support) added to library for all users
8 new RespiSim Scenarios available for purchase
IP address is retained in landing page application used for Patient Monitor and Virtual Ventilator
Patient Monitor provides default waveforms when numeric values are applied
When importing/exporting scenarios customer lung models save with scenario
Improved stability when adding connections in scenarios
Media updated in IngMar provided scenarios
Improved Patient Monitor stability
KNOWN BUGS TO BE ADDRESSED WITH FUTURE RELEASES:
- Debrief player can appear choppy when running a debrief playback
- Vitals do NOT appear in debrief playback
- When selecting “Play” after applying “Stop” during a scenario, the previous lung model may continue to play
- Quick fix: Select “Apply Now” in the scenario environment to apply the patient condition you wish to run.
- When importing a scenario that uses custom media, the associated media section will appear as a blank box in its respective media field upon first entering the scenario during the same RespiSim session
- Quick fix: After exiting and restarting the software all custom media will appear in the library and its correct field.
- Occasionally when activating a cough with randomization on, the cough action may be ignored by RespiSim.
- When changing the numerical vital sign values in an already made scenario, the preset waveform will default back to “normal”.
- Quick fix: after updating the numerical values for your vitals, select the desired waveform again.
- When using transition times, the lung model will transition with the set time, but the vital signs will apply instantly.
- Debrief information is recorded from first APPLIED condition, not when the Start button is applied. If “Apply Condition” is not utilized at beginning of scenario the debrief will begin recording condition details from second condition.
- Quick fix: Always select “Apply Condition” at the start of your simulation session.
- If attempting to import a scenario with a custom piece of media, the custom media will not display until the software has restarted.
- Quick fix: Always restart RespiSim after importing scenarios with custom media.
- If using an initial transition time with a default connection, the default connection will override any transition that is set if the transition time does not complete before the default connection timer triggers.
- When using the special character # in the scenario name, the character # and any other words after it will be deleted from the scenario name. If the user attempts to use the special character # to begin a lung model name it will crash the RS Database.
- Quick fix: Avoid utilizing special characters when naming scenarios or lung models.
- Custom local sounds will not be imported with a custom scenario.
- The Tuberculosis image in X-ray media is a CT image (same as the one with the same name in CT group)
- When reviewing the debrief, both learner actions and notes are indicated only by them showing up in the lower left corner while watching the debrief. The debrief is missing the yellow and red lines in the playback screen.
- When choosing sounds for RespiScope, the software doesn’t allow the user to select “None”. Instead, it immediately reverts back to the previously chosen one.
- When a sound level and mute is selected for “sounds” it will only be applied when a new sound is selected.
- Quick fix: If you need to “mute” or change the volume of a sound, select a new sound and then change back to the desired sound.