Ventilator management is a critical responsibility that demands sophisticated skills. Optimizing patient-ventilator interaction is challenging, and not necessarily made easier by the complexity of today’s ventilators and the plethora of ventilation modes.
The RespiSim System for ventilator management training enables hands-on experience with a real ventilator with a virtually infinite number of clinical scenarios – without putting patients at risk.
Watch the video to the right, for an overview of running a live patient simulation scenario, using the QuickChoice Menu in RespiSim.
The RespiSim® Software enhances the use of the ASL 5000™ Breathing Simulator as a ventilator management teaching system. The software allows instructors to stay in control of the simulation and gives students the full view of patient-ventilator interaction, from vital signs to x-rays, in structured, multi-stage simulations.
Ventilator management training for neonatal through adult patients.
- Enables hands-on, immersive training through structured, multi-phase simulation scenarios that engage students in “clinical storytelling.” Students review patient and ventilator data, make treatment decisions, and the patient responds
- New QuickChoice Menu (SW 3.6) makes it easy to set up a scenario by simply selecting three parameters – patient type, diagnosis, and disease severity
- Explain the science behind breath patterns with the new New Equation of Motion Screen (SW 3.6)
- Allows the instructor to have full control of all aspects of multistage simulations through the Instructor Dashboard to ensure that students are challenged and learning goals are met
- Vital Signs Monitor and Virtual Patient Chart provide patient status, including check x-rays, lab results, and heart and lung sounds
- Contains powerful debriefing tools enabled by recordings of entire training sessions
- Reduces instructor prep time with plug-and-play Curriculum Modules prepared in collaboration with leading educators
- Can be integrated with IngMar Medical’s RespiPatient® for “theatrical fidelity”
- Optional Ventilator Interface Kit enables you to view both patient and ventilator data simultaneously on a single screen, making the intricate dynamics of Patient-Ventilator Interaction (PVI) more immediately visible. See how it works.