A major limitation of manikin simulators is that their respiratory mechanics are fairly simple. To effectively teach mechanical ventilator management, you need ventilator-grade lungs.
Watch a video demonstration.
At the core of RespiPatient® is our spontaneously breathing ASL 5000 — the world’s most sophisticated breathing simulator. Using any ICU ventilator, you can change a patient’s condition on the fly or as part of a sophisticated scenario, with realistic PEEP and chest rise.
RespiPatient is a specialized respiratory manikin with an anatomically correct airway and chest structure paired with high fidelity spontaneously breathing lungs.
RespiPatient was designed to give you exactly the features you need for resuscitation and comprehensive ventilator management training. RespiPatient is part of IngMar Medical’s RespiSim® system for ventilator management training, providing training modules with multi-stage patient scenarios, companion lectures, and powerful debriefing tools.
RespiPatient enables you to train the full range of airway management and CPR skills with anatomically correct airway, rib cage, three-layered tissue, “real feel” skin covering, and realistic chest rise. Replaceable tissue sets allow each learner a life-like and unique experience for training:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation – lifelike recoil during chest compressions
- Intubation – orotracheal, nasotracheal, combitube, LMA placement, difficult airway (tongue edema)
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation techniques
- Tension pneumothorax
- Identification of tracheal deviation and jugular vein distension
- Either right or left tension pneumothorax (manually)
- Needle decompression (with familiar “hiss” sound)
- Chest tube insertion
- Recognition of correct position in the 5th intercostal space
- Blunt dissection through chest wall
- Surgical skills
- CO2 production for capnography
- Torso manikin easier to move and store than full body manikin
At the core of RespiPatient is our spontaneously breathing ASL 5000 — the world’s most sophisticated breathing simulator.
- Spontaneous breathing controls – examine patient-ventilator interaction with a spontaneously breathing patient including coughs, apnea, active exhalation, playback of actual patient recordings – even snoring!
- Disease state modeling – quickly access patient models as a basis for your particular situation or create your own unique scenarios. You can always change patient parameters “on the fly” when needed.
- Reproducible patients – ensure consistent instruction and skills assessment.
- The RespiSim Software enables you to provide structured, multiphase simulation scenarios that engage students in “clinical storytelling.”
- Students review patient and ventilator data, make treatment decisions – and RespiPatient responds.
- The instructor stays in control – amplify effects, throw students a curveball, or get the simulation back on track to meet learning objectives.
Download RespiPatient Brochure