RespiPatient enables you to train the full range of airway management and CPR skills with anatomically correct airway, rib cage, three-layered tissue, “real feel” skin covering, and realistic chest rise. Replaceable tissue sets allow each learner a life-like and unique experience for training
At the core of RespiPatient is our spontaneously breathing ASL 5000 — the world’s most sophisticated breathing simulator.
Our training allows for hands-on learning.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation – lifelike recoil during chest compressions
- Intubation – orotracheal, nasotracheal, combitube, LMA placement, difficult airway (tongue edema)
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation techniques
- Tension pneumothorax
- Identification of tracheal deviation and jugular vein distension
- Either right or left tension pneumothorax (manually)
- Needle decompression (with familiar “hiss” sound)
- Chest tube insertion
- Recognition of correct position in the 5th intercostal space
- Blunt dissection through chest wall
- Surgical skills
- Torso manikin – easier to move and store than full body manikin
- Spontaneous breathing controls – examine patient-ventilator interaction with a spontaneously breathing patient including coughs, apnea, active exhalation, playback of actual patient recordings – even snoring!
- Disease state modeling – quickly access patient models as a basis for your particular situation or create your own unique scenarios. You can always change patient parameters “on the fly” when needed.
- Reproducible patients – ensure consistent instruction and skills assessment.
- The RespiSim Software enables you to provide structured, multiphase simulation scenarios that engage students in “clinical storytelling.”
- Students review patient and ventilator data, make treatment decisions – and RespiPatient responds.
- The instructor stays in control – amplify effects, throw students a curveball, or get the simulation back on track to meet learning objectives.