ASL 5000 Lung Solution Specifications
The ASL 5000™ Breathing Simulator’s unique design makes it possible to precisely craft very realistic breath profiles. In fact, many of the ventilators in hospitals today have been developed using the ASL 5000.
- Connect to any ventilator – just as you would a real patient
- Use with any mode of ventilation including Pressure/Volume Control, Pressure Support, APRV, PAV, HFOV, NIV
- Simulate a wide, minutely adjustable range of basic lung mechanics
- Compliance – 0.5 to 250 mL/cmH2O
- Resistance – 8 to 150 cmH20/L/s
- Simulate scenarios with a spontaneously breathing patient supported on a ventilator
- Spontaneous effort (0 to -100 cmH2O)
- Breath rate (passive to 150 bpm)
- Adjustable (I:E) ratio
- 1 or 2 compartment lung modelling
- Demonstrate the treatment effects of PEEP at any clinically relevant setting including values > 20 cmH20
- Easily activate pre-programmed respiratory conditions with variable levels of severity including Normal, Asthma, ARDS, Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD), and COPD
- Create and save an unlimited number of user-defined respiratory conditions including pneumothorax, bronchospasm, pneumonia, cough, cystic fibrosis, flash pulmonary edema, and more
- Compatible with SimMan® 3G, SimMan ® 3G Trauma, SimMan® Essential, and SimMan® Essential Bleeding
Read Greenville HealthCare Simulation Center User Success Story
Developed in collaboration with Laerdal.
SimMan® is a registered trademark of Laerdal Medical.