Built-in pressure gauges show differences between airway and lung compartment pressure.
Compact and Portable
Take the Adult/Pediatric Demo Lung along wherever you need it (12.5″ x 10″ (318 X 230 mm) footprint).
Realistic simulation of compartmentalized lung problems (leaks, resistive anomalies).
- Multiple compliance settings easily simulate a wide range of patient scenarios, including over-distention.
- Adjustable resistance and leak settings (ET-tube and lung leak) allow you to show a variety of patient conditions.
- Patient inspiratory efforts can be simulated by manually raising the bellows.
- Pressure gauges show airway as well as lung pressures.
Adult/Pediatric Demo Lung Features
The Adult/Pediatric Demo Lung Model is a passive, two-compartment test lung with adjustable resistance, compliance, and leaks.
|Volume||Volume 2 x 1.0 L nominal|
|Compliances||18 to 80 mL/cmH2O overall range|
15, 25, 50 cmH2O/L/s
10, 16, 25 L/min for both ET-tube
and lung leak at 40 cmH2O
|Dimensions||11.5 x 9.8 x 6.5 inches
(291 x 248 x 165 mm)
|Weight||14.5 lbs (7 kg)|
A: For ventilator performance verification we recommend our QuickLung®, which is available in both a standard and calibrated version.
A: The Adult/Pediatric Demo Lung and our QuickLung and are both built on a mechanical system using bellows, springs, and orifices.
- The Adult/Pediatric Demo Lung has two bellows which allow you to demonstrate compartmentalized lung problems. You can combine two QuickLungs and achieve a similar effect.
- The Demo Lung has three pressure gauges showing differences between airway and lung compartment pressures.
- The Demo Lung was designed for demonstration; the QuickLung can be used for both testing and training.
- The QuickLung is more precise, cost-effective, and compact than the Demo Lung. It can even be suspended from a ventilator.
- The QuickLung forms the core of a system that can be expanded with options for spontaneous breathing, pulmonary mechanics graphics, pediatric simulation as well as manual ventilation and intubation training.
When more realistic and accurate breathing simulation is needed, we recommend our ASL 5000™ Breathing Simulator.