ASL 5000 for Researchers
High fidelity respiratory simulation helps advance patient care by providing an artificial respiratory patient to evaluate the performance of respiratory therapy devices, such as ventilators, CPAP devices and aerosol drug delivery devices.
The ASL 5000 Breathing Simulator has established itself as an essential instrument for respiratory research.
The ASL 5000 is the world’s most sophisticated breathing simulator, and the only high fidelity simulator capable of simulating neonatal patients. It allows you to create almost any breath, without the patient. Research studies using the ASL 5000.
The ASL 5000 Breathing Simulator enables you to meet the full spectrum of breathing simulation challenges from neonatal to adult patient scenarios, including leaks, coughs, apnea, active exhalation, playback of actual patient recordings – even snoring.
The ASL 5000 is a digitally controlled, high fidelity breathing simulator able to simulate spontaneously or passively breathing patients from neonate to adult.
Evaluate the performance of ventilators, modes of ventilation, as well as respiratory therapy devices such as CPAP, and aerosol drug delivery devices
- Resistance +/- 10%
- Compliance +/- 5%
- Flow +/- 2%
- Volume uncertainty ranges
- up to 10 mL greater of ± 10% of reading or 1mL
- up to 100 mL greater of ± 2.5% of reading or 2.5 mL
- up to 1000 mL greater of ± 2% of reading or 20 mL
- Sophisticated modeling tools – define one- or two-compartment models, non-linear compliance and resistance effects.
- Patient Model Library – quickly start running simulations with our library of over 35 preconfigured patient models (neonatal to adult).
- Computer controlled piston-cylinder unit unit (no springs or orifices) for precise programmable parameters that can be changed over time. See how it works.
- Script editor – assemble and launch preconfigured breathing profiles. See how it works.
- Interactive control panel – adjust patient parameters on the fly while simulation is running.
- Simulate coughs and other extreme breaths. See how it works.
- High accuracy flow measurement calculated from piston position eliminates the uncertainties of external flow meters
- Script progress display – check script duration (remaining, total) at any time.
- New Test Automation Interface – Save time, accelerate development and achieve better control over testing protocols. See how it works.
- Post-run analysis – extensive data analysis package captures 90+ parameters for hours of trending and review, as well as flow, pressure, and volume waveforms. Export all captured data to ASCII (Excel-readable) formats with a mouse click.
See how it works.
- 512Hz data sampling rate – conduct detailed analysis of ventilator triggering and other events.
- Lightweight and portable – just 22 lbs (10 kg) for easy transport and use in multiple
- Differences in Ventilator Performance Characteristics and Patient Response. Gerald Moody, Respiratory Care Practitioner, Children’s Medical Center Dallas. Read.
- Studying the Delivery of Neonatal CPAP through Various Devices. Allan Prost, Instructor, Respiratory Therapy, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Canada. Read.
- For an extensive list of published research studies using the ASL 5000 click here.