Congratulations John Hiser, 2016 Jimmy A. Young Medalist
IngMar Medical would like to congratulate John Hiser for being selected as this year’s Jimmy A. Young Medalist!
Every year the AARC bestows the Jimmy A. Young Medal on a member of the profession who has exceeded all expectations for meritorious service to the AARC and advancement of respiratory care.
John Hiser, MEd, RRT, CPFT, FAARC, has spent over 40 years working to advance the profession of respiratory care. Some prominent accomplishments include:
- Instructor of respiratory care at Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Chancellor’s Exemplary Teaching Award winner at TCC
- 2005 President of AARC
- President of the Texas Society for Respiratory Care (TSRC)
- First RT in Texas to earn his license to practice
- Chair of AARC Association’s International Committee
“My friends have begun to ask me when I plan to retire,” says Hiser. “I always tell them that I’ll quit when I quit enjoying it. So far that hasn’t happened so I’ll stick around a little while longer.”
*The full article was published in the September 2016 edition of the AARC Times magazine.