ASL 5000 for Engineers
The ASL 5000 is the world’s most sophisticated breathing simulator, and the only high fidelity simulator capable of simulating neonatal patients.
The ASL 5000 is an essential instrument for product development and quality control in the respiratory device industry.
The ASL 5000 is a digitally controlled, high fidelity breathing simulator.
Development and testing of respiratory devices: ventilators, CPAP, Aerosol Drug Delivery.
- Exceptional Accuracy
- Resistance +/- 10%
- Compliance +/- 5%
- Flow +/- 2%
- Volume uncertainty ranges
- up to 10 mL greater of ± 10% of reading or 1mL
- up to 100 mL greater of ± 2.5% of reading or 2.5 mL
- up to 1000 mL greater of ± 2% of reading or 20 mL
- IngMar Medical is ISO/IEC 9001:2015 Certified (Registration Nr. 74 300 3727)
- Our calibration lab is accredited to IOS/IES 17025:2005 (Certificate Nr. 4172.01)
- The ASL 5000 meets or exceeds the requirements for test lungs used for volume testing as specified in the following standards:
- ISO 80601-2-12:2011 (Critical Care Ventilators)
- ISO 80601-2-13:2011 (Anesthetic Workstations)
- ISO 10651-6:2004 (Home Care Ventilatory Support Devices)
- ISO 10651-3:1997 (Emergency and Transport Ventilators).
- Individual and sequential tests can be manually scripted or directly interfaced with LabVIEW-based or other test systems, for example to:
- Cycle a ventilator through a production test sequence
- Perform long term trouble shooting tests with trending of breath parameters
- Develop adaptive algorithms on ventilators
- Evaluate advanced respiratory modes, such as proportionally assisted ventilation
- Evaluate performance parameters and ventilator/patient interaction
- Computer controlled piston-cylinder unit unit (no springs or orifices) for precise programmable parameters that can be changed over time. See how it works.
- Test Automation Interface –
save time, accelerate development and achieve better control over testing protocols. Learn more.
- Spontaneous breathing controls – simulate the spontaneously breathing patient in interaction with a ventilator.
- Patient Model Library – quickly start running simulations with our library of over 35 preconfigured patient models (neonatal to adult).
- Sophisticated modeling tools – define one- or two-compartment models, non-linear compliance and resistance effects.
- Interactive control panel – adjust patient parameters on the fly while simulation is running.
- Script editor – assemble and launch preconfigured breathing profiles. See how it works.
- Simulate coughs and other extreme breaths.
See how it works.
- TCP/IP Broadcast – employ the integrated network data broadcast for importing data in realtime with a TCP/IP client (application language neutral).
- High frequency (2 kHz) digital servo system and state-of-the-art brushless motor drive for smooth response to ventilator transients.
- Post-run analysis – extensive data analysis package captures 90+ parameters for hours of trending and review, as well as flow, pressure, and volume waveforms. Export all captured data to ASCII (Excel-readable) formats with a mouse click.
See how it works.
- High accuracy flow measurement calculated from piston position eliminates the uncertainties of external flow meters.
- Script progress display – check script duration (remaining, total) at any time.
- 512Hz data sampling rate – conduct detailed analysis of ventilator triggering and other events.
- Lightweight and portable – just 22 lbs (10 kg) for easy transport and use in multiple locations.
- Learn more: Specifications, Options, FAQ
- Automated Product Verification. Mark Blair, Sr. Principal Test Engineer at CareFusion. Read.
- Ventilator Development. Maximilian Tang, Undergraduate Researcher, Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology – Poon Lab. Read.
- For an extensive list of published research studies using the ASL 5000 click here.