Respiratory simulation helps advance the design, manufacture, and testing of respiratory devices that are ever more user-friendly, safe, and able to meet the challenges faced by medically complicated patients. Engineers have been a key user group for IngMar Medical from our inception.
Our ASL 5000™ Breathing Simulator is a digitally controlled, high fidelity breathing simulator capable of simulating neonatal though adult patients. Because of its accuracy, flexibility and precision, the ASL 5000 has established itself as an essential instrument for product development and quality control in the respiratory device industry, including ventilators, CPAP and aerosol drug delivery devices. Research studies using the ASL 5000.
ASL 5000 Accuracy
- Resistance +/- 10%
- Compliance +/- 5%
- Flow +/- 2%
- Volume uncertainty ranges
- up to 10 mL greater of ± 10% of reading or 1mL
- up to 100 mL greater of ± 2.5% of reading or 2.5 mL
- up to 1000 mL greater of ± 2% of reading or 20 mL
IngMar Medical is ISO 9001:2015 Certified (Registration Nr. 74 300 3727). Our calibration lab is accredited to ISO/IES 17025:2005 (Certificate Nr. 4172.01)
The ASL 5000 meets or exceeds the requirements for test lungs used for volume testing as specified in the following standards:
- ISO 80601-2-12:2011 (Critical Care Ventilators)
- ISO 80601-2-13:2011 (Anesthetic Workstations)
- ISO 10651-6:2004 (Home Care Ventilatory Support Devices)
- ISO 10651-3:1997 (Emergency and Transport Ventilators)
Other product offerings
- QuickLung® Precision Test Lung: Bellows-and-springs test lung recommended by major manufactures for field testing of ventilators. Valued for precision, ease of use, compact format, and affordability
- QuickLung Breather: Option for the QuickLung to simulate a spontaneously breathing patient in a variety of modes and patterns at an affordable price
- Linear Test Lung: Simple bag-style test lung that produces a linear compliance curve and realistic inflection points
- NeoLung®: A versatile tool to simulate your tiniest patients with variable compliance, resistance, leaks, and overdistension threshold
We appreciate that each customer’s application is unique. Call us at (800) 583-9910 or fill out an information request form. Please tell us as much as you can about your situation so that we can get the right information to you as quickly as possible. We welcome the opportunity to provide you with a free telephone consultation. This will help us develop the best proposal for your needs and resources.